Protect, use and exploit
Grow your business using
your creations and innovations
your intellectual property rights
Since our founding in 2016 we have worked with international law firms and across a variety of industries.
Sectors we have worked with include technology, IT, AI software design, petrolium, oil and gas, pharmaceutical,
furnishing, retail, food and drink, haircare, skincare, beauty, household fragrance businesses, farming, manufacturing and marketing, and we continue to grow.
IPTogether Limited is a consultancy practice providing an array of services in the area of intellectual property law. This includes in the areas of patents, trade marks, copyright, design and domain names.
We leverage expertise to offer cutting edge entrepreneurial solutions bespoke to each client’s specific IP needs. We help clients achieve cost-effective and business aligned goals with respect to IP protection.
We are unique in the UK IP world in offering an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach to resolving IP challenges, yielding far better results for you.
Our clients include multi-national companies, SMEs, Start-ups and Community Enterprises.
What we offer
Excellent counsel and business partner support that reflects a company’s best interests in IP-related matters. We act as your strategic partner on issues that require both trade mark and IP commercial knowledge and expertise. We can bring a fresh perspective to decisions with a company-wide impact, providing counsel that requires analysis of the legality of a course of action and advise on the sense in pursuing that course.
General intellectual property services
- Negotiations with competitors/third parties in IP contentious and non-contentious matters to reach amicable settlement;
- Drafting and reviewing of contracts/agreements;
- Drafting of letters before action (cease & desist letters);
- UK and EU custom registrations;
- Monitoring/watch notice;
- International registrations;
- Coordination, management and handling of complex IP issues.
Copyright and designs
- Advice on copyright;
- Advice on design rights;
- Registered design protection worldwide;
- Advice and support on infringement actions;
- Cancellation proceedings;
- Advice on enforcement.
- Trade mark clearance searches worldwide;
- Trade mark filings worldwide;
- Drafting of suitable specification of goods/services;
- Renewals service;
- Portfolio audit and management;
- Contentious proceedings (oppositions and cancellation actions);
- Opinions on merits;
- Advice on trade mark enforcements worldwide.
- Representation before the UK IPO and EUIPO;
- Representation before IPEC (Intellectual Property Enterprise Court);
- Domain name conflict resolutions;
- Management and coordination of patent searching, protection, conflicts and administrative support.
A trade mark is any sign used in commerce/business to differentiate from competitors. It allows the development of a brand to protect its identity and distinguish that identity by way of the goods and services of one business from those of another. A trade mark allows consumers to identify your ownership of a product or service.
There is a surprising scope to what can be registered as a trade mark. Traditional trade marks consist of words, logos, names, signatures, numbers, signs, designs. Non-traditional trade marks are harder to secure registration, but can consist of sounds, colours, smells, shapes, packaging, overall features of a product, interior get up design of a place such as a restaurant, shop, hotel and a general trade dress or get up.
Other types of intellectual property
As well as trade marks, there are other forms of intellectual property (often abbreviated to IP). These are designs, copyright and patents.
In essence, a design is the appearance of a product or part of a product. Surface decoration can also be protected in the EU.
Copyright is an automatic proprietary right which arises in relation to the creation of an original work through the application of skill and labour. In some countries you will need to register your copyright.
A patent provides protection for inventions.
Protect your intellectual property
If you would like any advice on intellectual property, or would like us to help you to protect, use or exploit your creations and innovations, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.